The AMX3

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:00 pm
I think this is an approriate place for this since we are "glass" guys here...

Well, back when dinasours roamed the earth and muscle cars were plentiful (yeah, like gas, huh?) a little company called AMC was shooting out AMX's and Javelins and such. They had a fairly original idea (I'm not sure but I think this might even pre-date the Pantera) for a mid-engine, Italian flared, muscle car for America. Check this out...
http://www.amx390.com/
I kind of stepped into this the other day with a simple e-mail inquiry about building one of these "continuation" series cars. The guys name is Tom Dulaney ( I had a long phone conversation with him) and he is trying to get this car together combining reproduced bits and pieces of familiar AMC trim, a custom chassis using Corvette C4 or C5 suspension bits, and probably several drivetrain options. One of the copies of the body shell has been sent to the chassis guy. Next he's hoping to have a designer develop the interior trim panels, etc. He is currently looking for someone to do the design work on the inside panels. If you guys know anybody I'd highly recommend you send them to him. He's willing to pay for the design work and cut people in on part of the "action" when the car starts selling. If he's able to bring this car to market I think I might be a dealer for the cars here in the midwest. I've got to give the guy credit, he's trying to do something more than just another "kit car" here and has a lot of support in the AMC community for making this car.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:09 pm
I always wanted an AMX, still do! I've seriously considered it for the next car project but I need to finish this one first before I just start accumulating projects.

His really looks more like a Pantera then an AMX though, pretty cool. how serious is he? does he have John Delorean funding to go with his dream?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:37 am
He's very serious and did set this whole thing up as a public company. He does seem to be getting funding as he goes along. I think this make take a year or two but I've seen many small kit and production companies that were a lot less organized and prepared than this guy. I think this car may make it.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic