Fiberglass Supplies Sale

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:18 am
I also have that free cdrom from fiberglassSite. The best book i have bought on the subject is:
Be sure not to buy the first edition of this book, second edition covers more stuff and is essentially an update from the first edition.
the 2nd edition has a plane and cars on the front cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Fiberglass-Other- ... 405&sr=1-1

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:17 am
oh here are a few more sites that sell online:

www.uscomposites.com

www.avtcomposites.com

www.ebay.com

www.jgreer.com

www.solercomposites.com or www.solarcomposites.com

I have not used uscomposites or avtcomposites but i hear they are both good companies.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:06 pm
THANKS! You can never have too many choices when it comes to this stuff. :D
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:30 pm
Sweet links, Im addin them to my composites "favorites" list now!!!

I used to do pre-preg and wet layups on carbon fiber, kevlar, and glass, building UAV's. Google the S-Tec STM-5B Sentry. I used to do the layups, assembly, paint, and fly these buggers (I've flown R/C since 91, these are the same, just way, way, way more expensive). I learned alot about tooling molds and made some there. These links will help alot as I have a huge project I have had on my mind for a couple years, Im hoping maybe next year I can finally tackle it. :D
WWW.DodgeTrucks.org Administrator
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L Auto
2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L Auto
2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4.0L V6
My Pix

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:33 pm
http://www.acp-composites.com/acp-cat.htm

Here's another good composites site. I've yet to order from them though so no reviews as to quality of service/products.....
My Pix

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:38 pm
Oh and a question for Fast7, maybe you'd know.....

MANY years ago, like back in 98-99 or so, I saw come carbon fiber samples, about a 6 oz plain weave, that had colored/dyed fiberglass every other row, in a bi-directional pattern. They had red, blue, green, yellow, purple, orange, etc.

WTH can I find some of that??????? Stupid me, I didnt take note of the manufacturer on the samples and I've never seen this person again that had the samples (ex-girlfriend's dad who worked in aviation) lol. Ever since then I've been trying to find out where I can get ahold of some.
My Pix

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:23 pm
I have seen some nice carbon fiber parts made for rc helicopters. very intricate work. Guy made the blades, the boom, the body, the landing gear all out of c/f.

colored hybrid is available from www.solarcomposites.com

It is 50% colored kevlar/ 50% carbon fiber. solarcomposites has about the best price going on the colored stuff that i can find.

If your buying in full roll bulk carr reinforcements in the UK sells it.

I have some red carbon/kevlar i want to make some parts out of here soon. usually i do just twill carbon fiber on parts. also you will need a brand new pair of Fiskars scissors or Kevlar scissors to be able to even cut the hybrid cloth. It is a real pain to cut. I have a pair of the 12" fiskars scissors i use for kevlar. don't use the same scissors for cutting anything else or they will dull. And on the finished part when you trim it, it will want to frey instead of trim off, so use a lighter to burn off those fraid edges on your completed parts. Just don't hold the lighter long enough to burn the cured resin.
Previous

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic