Fiberglass Supplies Sale

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:46 pm
Hey, the people over at Fiber Glast just sent me an e-mail notice of 20% off their most popular materials. This company has excellent quality products, might be worth a look...
http://www.fibreglast.com/
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:08 pm
Thanks for the tip. Not on sale, but I found some 2" fiberglass cloth "tape", which I didn't know existed...just what I need to fix my hood (I think). :)

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:05 pm
Yeah, these bigger specialty suppliers have stuff you just don't see at the local jobber or boat shop. Another company I like is this one...
www.fiberglasssite.com
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:23 pm
What is the best dvd on Fibre Glast web site? I wanna learn A-Z. As a body man just used fiberglass filler and the resin and matte. Thanks

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:17 pm
Actually I kind of like this free book on DVD. If you purchase anything from this site, you just ask for the DVD at no charge...
http://www.fiberglasssite.com/servlet/Detail?no=33

I've yet to order any of the DVD's over at Fibre Glast. There's so much tech. info on the site I've usually used that as a guide to getting good results and just did what I do with paint and made test pieces and small parts first.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 am
^^ got any work I could see... 8)

I'm easily inspired hehe
knowledge is power, power is experience

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:18 am
http://autobody101.com/forums/viewtopic ... 83b5b7d82a

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:42 am
ok thats a ton of work.. Good stuff... You should post some how to's with fiber glass, I'm sure it would benefit a ton of people on here. I personally think a good glass guy is one of the most powerful artist's in the customization field..
knowledge is power, power is experience

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:51 pm
Yeah, how to's would be great here but it all takes time to produce. Maybe when I retire someday :wink: . Fiberglass is mostly just "thinking out of the box" with design and then making the part work in real life. Biggest problem around where I live is guys with great ideas but falling off ground effects and body kits. Just because it's pretty don't make it functional.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:06 am
RE: Fiberglast.com

don't do it.. lol. Their prices are very high compared to other online composite supply companies.

I use FiberglassSupply.com for a lot of my stuff and this is what I now do for a living.

Also www.fiberlay.com is ok for supplies.

Depending on the style of fiberglass cloth you want... www.thayercraft.com has low prices and their shipping is fast. They also have decent tech support. so don't just go and order the fiberglass cloth or mat you think is right... ask first and it will make a world of difference using the right materials ;)

I can help with some tech support on cloth and resin and gel coat choices. [email protected]

fiberglassSite is good, i buy from them also.

If you need carbon fiber or fiberglass auto parts for these cars.. let me know... Porsche, Infinity G series, lamborghini, 350Z, and Corvette. I also have a guy that does pro overlays using carbon fiber. he can overlay almost any auto interior piece. This is sometimes cheaper than buyer a new c/f replacement part. If you have a modern sportbike motorcycle I do Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, kawasaki models. All carbon fiber, no fake stuff or overlays accept on metal fuel tanks. :) Everything is professionally made using high grade materials. We vacuum infuse or vacuum bag all the new parts.
Next

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic