89 Chevy Crew Cab Door Panels

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:40 pm
I will fix the dash similar to this one that I redid for the brown 83 truck. The bottom photos are what I started with. This one I eliminated the dash speakers and used the same texture process as the red door panels. (it was my guinea pig)

The 89 dash will not get textured as I will be covering it in red leather. It will also get more modern dash speaker covers, I am still deciding on whether or not to build in a center channel speaker.

After the suspension is done (which will take a while) the truck will get some custom lower door panels that house the 3" mids, while the 6 1/2 bass speakers will go in the kick panels.

I still need to order up the dark red German square weave for the carpet.

83 Dash.jpg
83 Dash - 2.jpg
Dash Repair #1 SEM Saddle Tan (2).jpg
Dash Repair #1 (15).jpg
Dash Repair.jpg
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:42 am
Great job!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 am
It is just so nice to see someone take the extra time to do those interior panels in a "good" way. So you found the secret that is Raptor, eh? Yeah, I swear I can adjust and make that stuff look like most anything textured now..... Thanks a lot for putting all of this over here. Guys spend thousands of dollars on every square inch of a restoration and then "cripple" the project at the end with hack interiors.... great job!
:goodjob:
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:08 am
Thank you guys, and yes I found the Raptor secret and found it right here on this forum from you guys.

I truly could not have done this and some of my other small paint projects without the help that you pros and semi-pros have so generously given!
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...
Previous

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic