Rv has spots of missing clear coat

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:56 pm
Hi all, I've been hunting for an older model diesel pusher and am finding that quite a few have small areas where it appears the clear coat has gone away. Is there anyway a novice can apply a substance over the missing area without sanding and spraying the whole area ? Not looking for perfect but would like to keep it from standing out so much. The coach I'm most interested in has 2 spots about baseball size like this. I do not have spray equipment so was hoping there was another solution. Thsnks, Ken

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:26 pm
Ken,
Welcome..... so okay, any chance you could post a few pic.s on here of those areas? Depending on "where" your problems are at maybe some decorative trim or vinyl graphics could cover it, but I don't want to get your hopes up here....when paint is shot it is just plain shot which involves removal and refinishing......
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:39 am
Thanks for the response, I have not bought any of the problem motorhomes yet. I'm basically just trying to see if the spots can be somewhat hidden or if I have to completely repaint the 40 foot rv at I'm guessing $20,000 ?? I just joined and can't figure out how to add a photo yet. One of the rvs has a baseball size area right on the front above the driver's seat so that would be hard to cover with a decal. A few others are in less noticeable places that I could cover. My biggest concern is if one place has lost the clear coat will others keep popping up ??? Then I would have to repaint the whole rv. Ken
Attachments
IMG_5481.jpg
Terrible picture from a picture
Last edited by KenG on Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:45 am
Check this post out: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14600
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:13 am
Another problem area, again from the seller's photo. These two bad areas are pretty similar to what I'm seeing on a lot of older motorhomes.
Attachments
IMG_5482.jpg

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic