Bridging A Gap

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:51 pm
Man - That came out great!!! Looks factory / custom. I like the dual quads and the size goes well with the car - Very European.
I might make the rear of the fenders come straight down - old school like the Pontiac Trans Am / Corvette - kinda a flare that picks up the body line eye-brow. But that's US not Euro.
It is schweeet as a one off. I know the customer has to LOVE it. Any feedback from him??
Take the pics (and business cards :) ) to the car show he's in and you'll get orders!!
As for a mold, you can probably get by with a single mold - depending on size of the lip behind the rear fender. If it goes in too far you may need a two-part mold - that splits in the rear down the license plate. But that's no biggie. That just makes it easier to release the part.
Great job - 80GG

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:52 pm
Yea I agree Han he needs more contrast.

80 thank you very much.

He's really happy with it and received good feedback at the car meet he attended.

And yes I've been contacted for more of this type of work and am starting on another lowered rear bumper this week.
Mike

Don't Listen To Me I Don't Know What I'm Doing

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:37 am
That rear bumper is the SEX! Very clean job and I have to agree with everyone saying if you can make a mold and sell them.

I dont know what it takes to make a mold or anything but I can tell you I attend a lot of car shows with imports and euro cars and something like that would sell.
Quality is key
Previous

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic