Another Little Project

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:43 am
Sounds like it should work very well as being that you probably will have some flex in this area this stuff stays flexible so you shouldnt have any cracking or anything. The problem with the stuff though is the dispenser guns for these things cost about $60 or more...BUT what I have found is if you grab a caulk gun for $2-$3, cut 2 wooden dowels equal length and glue them on the circular push of the caulk gun and use a cut off wheel to cut off the sides of the caulk gun you can get the tubes to fit on the caulk gun and the 2 dowels will push the material in the 2 tubes evenly then you can get it to work perfectly!

If you are really interested in trying some let me know I can sell you some for $15 if you cant find it that cheap. I am actually going to be sending out some products for another member on this forum (papadaddy) as I have a bunch of stuff I bought at a body shop going out of business auction and have no need for all of it right now.
Quality is key

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 am
Also if you ever get a chance check out the Automix 5885 product its for Fiberglass and SMC materials. You can google it also to find out more info. I got some of that stuff too sitting around but still have not had a chance to use it but I hear it works great.
Quality is key
Previous

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic