Opinions Wanted !!!

Discuss custom painting, artwork and airbrushing

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:39 am
I Sublet this airbrush work I did the body work and the 3 stage planet color Gold Base over a Red Candy I would like to get some criticism on this job thanks so much ...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:32 pm
,,,criticism on what?

Its hard to tell any details from these pictures. This is something you have to judge in person unless you have very detailed professional photography.

It looks OK from here..................
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 pm
I understand that buddy just wondering if anyone had any input on anything so if I go to use this guy again I can maybe stress on something to make his performance better i know it's art work ... The customer loved it .. Just aiming to be better and better .. And figured this would be the place to get the criticism . I'm Mikey it's nice to meet you ... :bighug:

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm
Its ok airbrush work. It all depends on what the customer is looking for and the budget they have to work with. From what I see, its looks to be a rather budget friendly job done over a very short time period. Rope and barb wire are a pain to airbrush. To get the fine detail just right. It takes time.

When I was starting out airbrushing, some types of my paint work looked great, other stuff - not so strong. it took years for me to bring all of my artwork to the level it is now. Mural work was always my strong point, but only in the last 20 years have my graphics and flames become award winning.

Like i said, find out what your customers want. You'll have customers who want the best, they want to win shows make magazines and blow people away when they see their bike, but most customer want it fast and low cost, those with tight budgets. Have a few artists to choose from. Maybe some are better at flames or better at graphics.
If your artist has a problem with that, then he doesn't understand business. For example, I KNOW I am not a pinstriper. Never have been good at it. But i know an awesome striper. And if he is too busy, I know another one. Will my first choice striper be mad that I took my work to another shop? Will the second choice striper be mad I chose him second? I don't have time to care, I'm too busy keeping my customers happy and the work going on in my shop.

Don't depend on just one person for your custom paint. Know your options.
Crazy Horse Custom Paint
And Author of How to Custom Paint Your Car
http://www.crazyhorsepainting.com/

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 pm
Good post!!
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 pm
OldDupontGuy wrote:Good post!!

I'll second that!
Harley,
"Takin' what their givin' cuz I'm workin' for a livin'"

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:58 pm
You have many valid points thank you for your input it seems very stenciled and the front bull horn could have came out better in my opinion .. I'm 27 years old I have been painting for the last 10 years and I enjoy it very much I just beat my self up about it .. I know a couple different guys for air brush work in my area it's just I never know what to expect from them :shocked: . I have a great word of mouth at the moment I just hope it will bring me to bigger and better things .. Thanks again I'm gonna work on my clientele . You get what you pay for right .....

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:17 pm
,,"You get what you pay for right ..... "

Sometimes.

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:23 pm
You have a point lol sometimes my customers get way more then they pay for lol :allgood: gotta take the good with the bad .

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:05 pm
The only thing that jumps out at me is the lettering on the right side of the tank seems a bit too big and not lined up to "flow" with the tank style. The rest looks OK to me.
Next

Return to Airbrushed Art & Custom Painting Discussion