what do you think

Discuss custom painting, artwork and airbrushing

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:49 pm
A question that i have always said to my self,Iver you got it or you have not.Do you think you have to have a bit of artist in you from birth. I think you no what i mean,its not some thing that every one can pick up no mater what.Do you think its possible to teach some one that has not got that touch.
fail to prepare ,prepare to fail.

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 pm
paintpot wrote:Do you think its possible to teach some one that has not got that touch.

IMHO, no. I can paint and I can see a plan or drawing and transform that into reality, but having the imagination to come up with it in the first place? No can do. I've found the same with guys I've employed - they can or they can't.
Chris

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 pm
paintpot wrote:A question that i have always said to my self,Iver you got it or you have not.Do you think you have to have a bit of artist in you from birth. I think you no what i mean,its not some thing that every one can pick up no mater what.Do you think its possible to teach some one that has not got that touch.

Almost anything can be learned if a person is gifted. But the level of success depends on his practice and dedication but still will reach only a certain level if they "don't have it". JMO.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:38 am
Joann as this is your site ,and a very experience young lady .Your opinion would be grateful. :pcorn:
fail to prepare ,prepare to fail.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 pm
Sorry for the delay in answering but I've been busy building a new shop and finishing book number 7. Just finished writing the color matching chapter today. I really think you guys are gonna like this new book. It has a big focus on automotive painting. There's artwork stuff too, but half of the book is serious auto body and paint. Lots of tricks and tips I learned the hard way.
I was an artist from birth. I was drawing before I turned 2. And started art lessons at age 2.
Can anyone be an artist? I don't know the answer to that. But the only way to find out if you have it, is to play around with art. Any kind of art. To find the answer, you must start the journey.
No matter what. art is fun. And that is the whole point, to have fun. Don't be restricted by what you think art ought to be. Like getting frustrated cos your drawings don't look the way you think they should. Explore your art, find the path of art that suits you. That you enjoy. One of my favorite artistic things to do is to paint abstracts. I can do figure drawings but I love painting an abstract. Its the opposite of what I do on cars and bikes. And it loosens up my creativity.
Art can be anything creative, painting, gluing pictures together, welding parts together, designing and planting flower gardens, anything. Tap into your creativity and see where your journey goes.
Crazy Horse Custom Paint
And Author of How to Custom Paint Your Car
http://www.crazyhorsepainting.com/

Return to Airbrushed Art & Custom Painting Discussion