Question on Airbrush Paint

Discuss custom painting, artwork and airbrushing

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:40 pm
Okay,

Ordered an airbrush kit to have my GF start practicing so she can airbrush some stuff on my harley. Shes an artist but hasn't touched an airbrush in 20 years. I figured give her a few weeks get used to it before touching my bike. What ever she comes up with in the few weeks of praticing I'm cool with. If its half as nice as what she can do with other mediums ill be happy.

So I need to know what would be a good enough paint that the lines come out nice and smooth and would be similar to auto paint without costing an arm and a leg.

Told her I wanted something with skulls and eyeballs, she sketched these by my lunch break..

Nilzar
Attachments
eye2.jpg
eye.jpg

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:54 pm
Thought I'd add a few pics of the bike.

Nilzar
Attachments
bike2.png
bike.jpg
bike.jpg (37.01 KiB) Viewed 9389 times

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:29 pm
I've recently started getting into airbrushing and ordered some water based Createx Autoair paints to practice with. I've been looking into House of Kolor, Xotic, Inspire and a couple other brands for urethane stuff too.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:41 pm
Createx paints are awesome, great range of colors , from candy to metallics and pearls. Non toxic so a light dust mask or fan is all you need for light work. I've used for years on motorcycles to helmets and more and they only get better with new additives etc.

Return to Airbrushed Art & Custom Painting Discussion