Matt coatings & color effects...

Discuss custom painting, artwork and airbrushing

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:50 pm
Yes, I know all about the shortfalls of matt coatings but this is weekend ride which will always be garaged and I just want to do something, well, different. My question is....will the matt effect completely suppress the "twinkle" of a decent sized flake? I am thinking it will so instead I am now thinking about doing a chameleon pearl effect. The matt shouldn't interfere with the mild color shift, right?
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:08 am
I guess you can answer your own post by now. :wink:
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:53 pm
Ha, ha...... yeah, I figured it out the hard way......
:flatten:
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:46 am
You're the pioneer of this effect! I guess no one here ever did it that way. Good job!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:13 pm
Ha, ha, and a lot of pioneers didn't make it.....So no good deed goes unpunished..... My wife sees this "effect" and falls in love with it. Oh, oh.....can you do some earrings for me? Well, sure I guess. Next she brings out of box of bowls, brass cups, cheap plated silver vases. She said go ahead and get the other chameleon flip colors and hit that stuff with it. What....did....I......do......to.....myself??????
And then there was the remainder of car gatherings/shows. One guy goes....can you give the name and serial number of that wrap? Uhhh.....look at my edges. So it's plasti dip right?Take a good feel of that paint..... So if it's paint what custom shop did it? The guy is standing there with a note pad, just waiting..... I said....well, I did it. He spends the next 10 minutes telling me that no one in their home garage could do that..... Had to send him here to the Forum on his phone before he believed me.......Just walked away shaking his head......
:rolleyes:

Return to Airbrushed Art & Custom Painting Discussion