Hutchins DAs

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

User avatar

Settled In
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Location: I live in a house
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 pm
What are the difference between the Hutchins DAs?

They seem to have multiple price point lines. I am just looking for a 3/32" 6" H&L pad version for my weekend work (once the weather warms back up!)

Thanks for any help.
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

User avatar

No Turning Back
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:16 am
no idea, Dynabrade on snap on make the best DA imo
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal



Top Contributor
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: Pahrump NV.
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 am
PainterDave wrote:no idea, Dynabrade on snap on make the best DA imo


Nice to know, I too thought Hutchins was best ?
Still all 3 are still way over priced in my opinion

All are still gonna bend the shaft when dropped
Dennis Barnett
A&P Mechanic, FCC General radio Telephone Operator
American airlines, Line Maintenance A&P Mechanic & MOC Maintenance Operation Control Tech specialist
Allegiant airlines, Northern air cargo.

User avatar

Board Moderator
Posts: 6986
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:40 pm
Location: ARIZONA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm
OldFatBald wrote:What are the difference between the Hutchins DAs?

They seem to have multiple price point lines. I am just looking for a 3/32" 6" H&L pad version for my weekend work (once the weather warms back up!)

Thanks for any help.


Depends upon what your primary usage will be. The 3/16" throw might be a better option than the 3/32" if you are removing paint, prepping metal for primer or color sanding. It is a more aggressive action than the 3/32" which is meant for finer detailed work.

http://www.hutchinsmfg.com/Catalog.aspx?catid=30667
1968 Coronet R/T


ACTS 16:31

User avatar

Settled In
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Location: I live in a house
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:20 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote: Depends upon what your primary usage will be. The 3/16" throw might be a better option than the 3/32" if you are removing paint, prepping metal for primer or color sanding. It is a more aggressive action than the 3/32" which is meant for finer detailed work.


I use the 3/32 for color sanding prior to polishing. Though I will probably end up picking up a 3/16 for stripping as I have been picking up used tanks that I want to strip to bare metal.

I was wondering what the difference is between their $120, $250 & $400 DAs.

I ended up buying one of their $120 units as I am a weekender.
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

User avatar

Board Moderator
Posts: 6986
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:40 pm
Location: ARIZONA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:55 pm
From what I am reading the 6" DAs are all under $250. It is when you get into the model 4500 palm style sander that the price jumps up. These have a different design.

I have a Hutchins inline sander and it works flawlessly. Great for getting larger panels straight.
1968 Coronet R/T


ACTS 16:31

Return to Tools and Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests