Sprayfine turbine

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:41 pm
Very, cool... you'll really get a feel for things down the road with it. If you get a chance try the Tamco clears listed here in the store and even at Tamco's web site. If you have never tried it I would especially try the 700 series High Build Epoxy. The stuff is a 1 to 1 mix combined with a minimal amount of reducer for the Sprayfine gun. You use a minimum 1.5 (2.0 would be even better) and that 5 stage will LAY it down. Stuff is awesome to sand and is pretty much self-guide coating especially in the black or gray. It makes it so you seal, primer, and high build with only this ONE product. Another super clear I love over there is their Matte Clear. Not sure if you are into that but again a 5 stage or higher turbine will lay that stuff flat right off the gun.... That Matte is the same as their 2104 High Build Clear but has that very unique flattening compound. You know it is something special when you open up a gallon of it and the flattening agent is blended from top to bottom in the can with no settling out.... I have had that on my custom truck for two years now, beautiful and durable....
I think you'll find out later that newer premium high build coatings will be the way to go with that setup....you just have to play around with introducing slower solvent components in both hardeners and reducers. Also, if you find that your hose end or gun handle are heating up just throw some freezer packs by the turbine intakes for your shoot.
Attachments
IMG_20210320_124051836_HDR.jpg
Almost two years since our build.....stuff looks like the day I shot it.... Sprayfine gun combo with 6 stage turbine.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:35 pm
Thank you for the feedback. I have a two car garage as well and I just don’t have the space for a big compressor. I’d prefer to have something compact like this. Please keep updating with methods and results as well as components. I think I’m going to go with the same unit based off of Darrel’s recommendations.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:10 am
I just had to commend these gentlemen on truly one of the best threads I've read in a very long time. Everybody was asking great questions to be able to give and receive the best answers. Very knowledgeable. Answered a lot of my questions about turbine systems as I too have been hung up on which way to go with this "new to me" technology. And your thread is why I registered an account on here just to say thank you. And I'm 40 yrs old and this is the very first forum I've ever joined. So hello to everyone and great job again guys. :clap: :goodpost: :rockon:

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:05 pm
Welcome aboard.... turbine spraying is just kind of a "whole nother world" compared to most other spray systems. It's the reason I asked that a Turbine Spray section be set up here on Chris's web forum. If you have not bought anything yet you might consider building one for yourself. If it is going to be for automotive I'd go with at least with a 5 stage and a 6 stage would be even better. We use 6 stage units both in our wood shop, when we are working on residential and commercial on site jobs, and for my automotive hobby. This Smyth Ute conversion was sprayed with my 6 stage system....
Attachments
Week 11 d.jpg
This was the chameleon pearl and matt done with the 6 stage a year ago.
X hellcat hood 8.jpg
This is a Hellcat hood we are getting ready to add to the truck.... all done with 6 stage...
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies