Looking for Setup recommendations to paint my Toyota Tundra

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:56 am
NFT5 wrote:White is much more "see through" than most people realise.

Did you use the same white primer on the body as you did on the bar? Same gun or a different one? Same number of coats? Same temperature when you sprayed?.

I used white 2k primer on the bumper and now realize after painting handles, mirror covers etc.. Toyota uses gray primer so i picked up some 2k gray primer and it now matches. I left the bumper as i am looking for a new bumper cover to redo like new as mine has minor imperfections.

The truck is coming out beautiful. I will attach some pics

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:10 pm
NFT5 wrote:For exactly this reason I won't buy guns or parts on Ebay or similar sites. Usually the price is a giveaway but it's not worth the risk. Only buy from known dealers. They all have specials from time to time.

I ended up buying a DV1 clear gun and this gun is awesome. Lays clear like glass. I also got the real T110 tip from the ebay link you provided but since it took 1 month to get the DV1 clear gun did the job. My truck came out awesome but it took me a month to paint. Worth the time and effort.

Now i bought my dad a blue metallic Tundra for Xmas and the paint is all jacked up so will have to experiment with metallic as i have never painted metallic before. Praying it is not that hard :)..

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:20 pm
Pictures???
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:54 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Pictures???

I have a video on Youtube you can look at sir. God Bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7_6OmvATk&t=7s
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies