paint supplies

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:05 am
Im looking for you guys cheapest place, online , where you all have ordered your paint supplies. I need 80 grit file sanding sheets, in a box, cheapest place to find a single stage dupont paint. Epoxy primer and so on. Just pop up some places where you all have found to be the best price online. The color of choice is Canary Yellow.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:24 pm
The cheapest place I've found for sandpaper is Ebay, assuming you can afford to wait a week or 2. You'll need to know your local costs to buy intellegently on eBay.
As far as paint and primer, I think you will find that the big companies strongly suggest prices to their dealers and you will not find a gread deal of difference. Now you can go on the internet and find automotive paint for $35 a gallon but is is not comparable to the good stuff. For the economy-minded painter, the PPG Omni line seems to be about the best value.
PPG does prohibit their dealers from selling mail order outside their terratories.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:45 am
Big Jim wrote:The cheapest place I've found for sandpaper is Ebay, assuming you can afford to wait a week or 2. You'll need to know your local costs to buy intellegently on eBay.
As far as paint and primer, I think you will find that the big companies strongly suggest prices to their dealers and you will not find a gread deal of difference. Now you can go on the internet and find automotive paint for $35 a gallon but is is not comparable to the good stuff. For the economy-minded painter, the PPG Omni line seems to be about the best value.
PPG does prohibit their dealers from selling mail order outside their terratories.

Thanks for the tip, I checked Ebay before I even posted. I check ebay for alot of stuff. Im using a single stage paint, acrylic laquer. Im economy minded, but I also would like quality as well. I changed my color anyways because of the fact that my previous color won't last as long as I wanted it to. So I chose Corvette Millenium Yellow. I would like to use Dupont, other people are saying PPG. I know both are good companys. My brother in law recommends Dupont because he works for Dupont in our local GM plant. I could prolly get a discount, but I have to buy it in a 50 gal drum...so if peepz want to go in with me..lol. just kidding

Return to Tools and Supplies