Donations/Tools and supplies-HELP

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 pm
Hello all,

I am, as are most of you, on a tight budget. I am building my 55 Chevy to honor my daughter Christina, who lost her battle with Ewings Sarcoma (Cancer), on August 2nd 2010. As such, all of our proceeds towards the restoration, have been either out of pocket, coupled with some donations. The car will be used to raise awareness to Children's cancer. All cancer types need to be addressed, and in most cases are, however, Children's cancer needs more support and effort if any progress is to be made. Breast cancer, colon cancer etc... get a huge lift from various organizations, but children's cancer is at times left out. My mother, who is a survivor of breast cancer knows first hand of the shortcomings that we as a country have failed to change, relative to the aid that the children receive, relative to the research and studies of this horrible killer. I am going to do everything in my power to help, and I am reaching out to you all in an effort to help us see our dream realized.

What we are seeking are tools and supplies to help us with the project. Any left over supplies, tools etc.... are greatly appreciated, and if needed will be returned if needed. Anything and everything is welcomed. If anyone of you can help us with our much needed support please let me know. I reside in Elk Grove, Ca, about 20 mins south of Sacramento. (I will PM my home address if you are able to help) Our goal is to have the car ready by next summer, if not sooner. If this post is out of line, please let me know and I will remove it asap.

At this time, we do not have ANY tools and VERY limited supplies. The local parts house kindly donated some aircraft paint stripper and I purchased some scrapers. All of the other proceeds went to help getting the motor running, brakes and some suspension. All parts are stock or stock replacements. This is no way is going to be a trailer queen. In closing, thank you all for your help with questions about the process that is paint and body work.

Regards,

Rodness Family.

Return to Tools and Supplies