ANI F1 HVLP Italian gun

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:46 pm
I'm looking for information, an owners manual, servicing info, etc, for an ANI F150 PLUS HPS spray gun.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Pain ... /8438061.p

These are Italian made spray guns that seem to have a very good review, even though they are not that common so it seems. Supposedly, Ferrari and Lambo use ANI guns for their painting, so I've read but of course I can't state this for certain.

I can't find any disassembly / servicing info on the net for ANI guns. Any body have one that knows?
Mine has a 1.3 nozzle.

There are two flat head cap screws on the gun that look like they accept a coin to unscrew. One is on top of the body, forward of the air volume adjust cap, and the other is located below the paint volume adjust cap. Do I need to disassemble these cap screws [ and the parts behind them ] for cleaning and lubing?

Next, is the fan control cap on the front / left side. It does not seem to unscrew right off the body, and it just stops at a certain point / fully CCW. There is a nut under this cap that may release the whole shebang if I were to unscrew it. Is this something I need to do to clean and lube?

Last, what kind of grease should I use for the needle and the needle spring? White lithium grease? Vasaline? Fully synthetic auto grease? It's supposed to be non-petroleum grease and no silicon........so I'm not sure exactly WHAT type of grease that means.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:03 am
here is the website http://www.ani.it

Thats a teflon coated F150, which is an older model, I own the ANi 150 HPS w/ heat.

As for lube, that depends what kind of seals are used(if any). Rubber seals use silicone lube.

I recommend emailing the co. They've been helpful before with me.

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:43 am
How do you like your gun?

I emailed ANI, and they sent me the owners / service manuals. Looks like a non-petroleum, non-silicon grease is indicated.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:20 am
Pretty happy with the gun, especially with the heater element/digital.
as for lube, I have never heard of Silicon lube, do you mean Silicone lube? (silly-cone)
It surpassed my Iwata WS400HD in base & clear (more in base, since the heat)

I use the 1.3 & 1.4 "C" nozzle, which is their high flow version. So far, it has been excellent, quality of the machining is sata/iwata 10/10. Definitely not cheap manufacturing. And neither was its price, $700 w/ a "hey were friends, right?" discount. I wanted a PPQ M2, but the only thing I'll be shooting is paint til' next month. I went to Italy to visit some family, I was able to get my gun @ $550 with a spare 1.4 set. I got a hook-up...

As for the CA market, know that princess sells a lot of pneumatic gear from ANi, but I don't see any importers. But expect to pay the "friend discount" price.

ANi aren't the only Italians in town. WALCOM with their new GENESI HTE TOP gun is sick! I got a demo, and I want to get some long term use if I can get one at an affordable $$$.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:50 am
I'd be leery of any lube with silicone in it as silicone is well known to causes fisheyes!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 pm
1MechEng wrote:I'd be leery of any lube with silicone in it as silicone is well known to causes fisheyes!

Yeah, true. But it doesn't matter as no gaskets are in the gun anyway.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 pm
Hey guys,
I know I'm about 4 years late and $1.99 short, chiming in on this topic.
But, some of this info might be helpful to other Ani owners.
I have a few of these guns and they have impressed me every time. For comparison, I also have a Tekna and Binks which I also like. But the Ani spray guns" spray quality is neck in neck (IMO), cost nearly 40% less, are lighter and more maneuverable, and Ani offers some advances features that far surpass the other manufacturers....(i.e, HPS and removable digital gauge that actually measures air pressure from the gun, not to the gun. They also spray quite well at low pressure, and even the budget "GF" model does a remarkable job for spraying panels, bumper covers, bike parts, etc.

The newer Ani models are really either HTE or conventional. You can get HVLP setups on the existing F-150S/Plus frames, but Ani optimized their current line of spray equipment to work as HTE (trans-tech, etc). HVLP is quickly becoming outdated tech, so no point in maintaining dedicated products for that process. One nice aspect of these spray guns is that they're a "modular" concept.

In other words, a nozzle set for an F150 Plus also works on the F150S. The R150 ($180 +/-)mini-gun is an outstanding product and shares many components with the "budget" GF model ($40 +/-). Kinda tells you what to expect, even from their "Gorilla painting" models. The F1/N/S line is mostly for industrial coatings, hence this is the conventional line .

I've contacted Ani directly, via email a few times and one of their reps replied promptly and answered every question I had. I have never had a customer service issue.

As far actually getting these spray guns without going to Italy and hooking up a "family connection", they are available through an excellent vendor in italy (prpshop.it). I've purchase a number of items from this vendor, to include seal kits, extra cups, nozzle sets and of course, spray guns. If you're a Paypal customer, you can order what you want from their website, pay with PP and you'll typically receive your package within a few days. Very fast shipping! I highly recommend the spray guns (ani.it) AND the vendor (prpshop.it).

As another side note, cleaning only requires removing the needle, fluid tip and aircap. You do not need to, nor should you disassemble the rest of the gun, except for major servicing or to repair damage. As for lube, I either use a drop or two of 3M teflon lube (Lowes), or hair clipper oil. It's mineral oil, breaks down easily and has never ruined any of my paint jobs.

Hope this helps a little with whatever else you're still figuring out.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:41 pm
thanks for all the info Ordncebob.
I have the ANi150 "C" nozzle model# AH1411151 1.3mm

Also the GF3 gravity feeds are for "airbrush guns" that mimic airbrushes, but have a finer fan for things like a 1/32 or 1/48 scale model plane.

The R150 is really a true "mini gun" sprayer.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:54 pm
Spraygunsdirect sells ANI and ships to the US. With shipping the f150 would run $150 or so US and the R150 will run $130 the F1/N only about $100

My question is about the heat system. I've actually been considering an astro thermo-tec which uses the exact same system. Possibly the same aircap and nozzle as well.

I really wasn't sure if the heat system was basically a gimmick or really helps out the same as warming up you paint does, but just thats convenience of eliminating the pot of hot water.

The heat system, seems to be out of production with ANI now and possibly being eliminated from Astros lineup as well. I wonder if thats just a stubborn market or it's not very good or what?

I think Id have to try the HT104 before I spent 380 on a thermotec though, I think its basically the same gun minus heat.
Last edited by JohnnyX on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:00 pm
Remember that the ANi150 uses filters in the heating system that have to be replaced.
Next

Return to Tools and Supplies