Fuji mini mite 3 - good setup for auto painting?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:55 am
Which system did you end up going with? I am also in the market for a turbine to shoot auto paint (epoxy primer and basecoat/clear) and am considering both the Fuji and Sprayfine units. Still not sure on 3-stage vs 4-stage but I notice that a lot of people rate the TP-Tools unit and I think that must be only 2-stage as they report a psi of only 5 psi.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:53 pm
I still have not pulled the trigger (lol)...I am thinking about going with the 3 stage fuji for base and clear and using my old compressor fed gun for primers...basically what we have discussed here is that because of the way the turbine heats the air they are not optimal for primers. :allgood:

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:59 pm
onboost wrote:I still have not pulled the trigger (lol)...I am thinking about going with the 3 stage fuji for base and clear and using my old compressor fed gun for primers...basically what we have discussed here is that because of the way the turbine heats the air they are not optimal for primers. :allgood:

I was also looking at the Fuji 3-stage also. It seems 3-stage is good enough for most paints, but I see some people recommending 4-stage for certain clears. Which type of clear are you planning to use? Is it the "high-solids" stuff that needs more psi or is it just a case of doing a little more cutting and buffing if you use a 3-stage?

Also, I notice Fuji offers 2 types of gun: the T-series and the XPC with the little side-cup. It seems most people go with the T-series gravity gun?

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:29 am
I picked up a used fuji q4 for $200 from craigslist with a gun. The spray fine unit seems like the best deal with a tp tools gravity fed. If I was to get a brand new system that's what I would go for.

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:05 am
Hi,
I see this thread is old but it is this only forum that i've found where people seem to know what they are talking about regarding Turbine Spray units.
There is little to no info about these systems here in the UK (no surprises there}

Does anyone know if you can use power tools with a turbine system, as in orbital sanders polishers etc or is it that the power output on these systems cant provide enough umph to work them?
Is there a coupling i can attach to the turbine hose to use a compressor tool ?
Thanks for any info and happy new year.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:20 am
Well, no, turbine systems currently cannot power other devices. They produce a lot of CFM but at very little pressure. Each stage in a turbine is about 1.5 to 2 psi so even a 6 stage unit would only make about 12 psi max. Turbines are used for spray guns (these are dedicated design guns/ 3/4 inch hose connectors) and breathing systems and that is about it. Not saying that some clever person in the future might come up with some additional add on tools.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies