High flow fittings

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:50 am
Wow! I sprayed the base on my car last night and fought orange peel. Forgot I hadn't swapped the high flow fittings. Used to only max out about 32 psi with trigger pulled. Now it hits about 50 psi! I'm getting ready to spray the clear in a few. I bet this really helps lay the paint smoother. I'll have to adjust the gun again after struggling last night. Newbie learning by mistakes here.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:02 pm
i wouldnt run more than 40-45 psi to your gun. you should be regulated at the compressor or wall before your airhose to 45 psi max which would probably make your gun max air at around 30-35 psi which is still too much IMO
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:18 pm
I set the regulator on compressor about 65 psi or so. The one going into the gun at 45 spraying the clear. Worked so much better than the 30 psi it was doing beforehand. Then again, I'm a newbie and the gun is a cheap harbor freight gravity feed. I posted a couple pics in the project forum. I'll put them here too. Turned out nice enough and I'm learning as I go. Excited to get this thing to cruise night again!
I'm just surprised how much of a difference the high flow fittings made for the gun. Open to any advice on how to improve from here.

Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies