Loaded question

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:35 pm
There's just so many "little" things that try to tank you when you are working with guns. The vent in the lid, leaving that stupid little internal filter in the cup, loose air caps, and on and on. Guys beat themselves up all the time over poor quality guns, compressors, etc., when it can be one or a lot of these things in combination that keep you from laying down a good coat. I used to get picked on a lot when I was first in the furniture restoration biz. because I kept pages and pages of notes on what I did when I finished along with checklists. It made me "check" every single aspect before getting ready to finish. It made me form good habits and made it so I could easily troubleshoot my problems along the way.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:22 am
Yeah, I can see where notes and checklists would pay off. I have got to start doing that myself. I'm new to all of this so I can see where having experience and those backlogs of information could really help.

I checked those bumpers this morning after they had time to dry down. Where I didn't run dry they looked great. Time for a new lid/cup.
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies