Binks Mach 1 Nozzle, cap, and needle translation needed

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:17 am
Hello All,

New member here. I'm kind of old school when it comes to gaining a knowledge base. Learned this the hard way when I began restoring/ refurbishing old industrial machinery. With that said, this is why I'm here.

Issue: I have a 3M Accuspray gun, which I love. Saves me a lot of time, and the cost cancels out with the reduced cost in solvent.

I usually use a Georgian company primer and automotive grade paints. Quicker, and it justifies the cost. The bad, it shows every imperfection- with cast, that means pretty much everything. I hate using bondo " to smooth it out. I'm looking into high build primers which I believe the 2.0mm tip can handle on the Accuspray, but i also use Mastic Epoxy and industrial coating primers. Shooting most of this stuff, gun is wide open with the pattern turned all the way down, and it struggles to come out. I have a pressure cap( not the problem, just too thick for nozzle). I have have a Mach 1 pressure feed gun. It's awesome, but I need a much bigger tip, nozzle, etc. I've looked at a lot of stuff online, and it seems like Im getting further behind.
Questions:
1. Is the nozzle diameter equivalent to hvlp gravity fed guns?
2. I feel like I'm reading a foreign language when trying to figure out the nozzle, cap, and needle combo. Any ideas on what I need for something comparable to Rustoleum 9300 high solids? I was thinking in the realm of 2.3mm?

Appreciate any advice,
Brian

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 am
75% solids...

to get that out of a 2.0 effectively you would need to thin it out a bit. then you lose the solids content.

Iwata Air Gunsa 3.0

SATA Woodworking guns have tips up to 5.0
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:29 am
PainterDave wrote:75% solids...

to get that out of a 2.0 effectively you would need to thin it out a bit. then you lose the solids content.

Iwata Air Gunsa 3.0

SATA Woodworking guns have tips up to 5.0

I'm looking into buying Binks, considering I already have the Mach 1 and and the PPS adapter for it. They show they have a 2.8mm tip. Guessing that would be sufficient?

Return to Tools and Supplies