Advice on temporary air line setup...?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:09 am
Situation: I have been asked to paint several 4 foot by 2 foot aluminum panels for a printing press in a very large warehouse. Living in Ohio with the weather we have in the area at this time of year, painting them outside is out. My temporary paint booth I had in the basement is also out since it is no longer up and it would be best to keep the panels at the warehouse. I can build a pvc/plastic paint booth in the warehouse with allotted space and of course it is heated ambient air. The compressor is a 60 gallon unit, 5 hp, putting out enough cfm for spraying these panels since I am not doing a full car, etc. There are no hard air lines from the compressor to facilitate condensation and therefore moisture removal from the air. Only a rubber hose is in place to run air tools, fill tires, etc.

Question: What recommendations would anyone have on setting up a temporary means of filtering condensate from the line before I spray paint from the gun?

thanks!
Last edited by Hot Rod Reverend on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home of Y Block Ministries
Milford, Ohio

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am
Coiled copper tubing in a container filled with ice.
You will need a wall regulator/water separator after that to catch the condensation and prior to your air supply to the gun.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:25 pm
Yep, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that.... and if you don't want to deal with as much ice just put some freezer packs low in the center and pack them in with the ice. Did this with one of the kids in my old neighborhood when I shot in his garage booth. Worked fine.....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:19 am
to add what they said, drain the compressor tank completely before starting then leave the drain cracked just a scosh.

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:03 pm
Fellas, I do appreciate the advice. I just re-read my initial post and fixed a few grammatical mistakes - don't know how you guys made sense of it all! :clap:

The warehouse has a few large, clean, Rubbermaid trash cans that I think i can use by placing that copper tubing inside and there just happens to be an industrial ice maker on the property too. How good is that? :happy: In addition to the drain adjustment I will also install my hi-flow fittings.

I should be able to get this going in February. Again, I appreciate the helpful tips.
Home of Y Block Ministries
Milford, Ohio

Return to Tools and Supplies