GTI ProLite Colorway edition???

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:40 am
First post, thank you for adding me to the forums. I performed a search and this didn't turn up any answers.

There is a company on Ebay selling what they call genuine GTI ProLites with a 1.3 nozzle and T110 aircap. I am looking for this set up to do motorcycle painting with glass finish as I will not be trying to replicate orange peel.

The issue is that the aircap ring is black and so are the knobs. The gun is the standard orange color. I haven't been able to find this combination anywhere. When I questioned them, they replied that it is a special colorway that was created for a competition.

Anyone heard of this or have a way to confirm?

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:33 am
You're right to be wary. There are dozens of fake Devilbiss guns on ebay, be careful.

Frankly, I don't understand why Devilbiss doesn't come down on them like a ton of bricks. It pisses me off to think what happens when these fakes hit the used market, I imagine there are cheats out there that buy the fakes for $80 then sell them as originals for a couple of hundred with the buyer thinking he's got a great deal.

Return to Tools and Supplies