Tekna Prolite Special Edition

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:26 pm
Can anyone help validate if the Tekna Prolite Pro's Choice Purple Haze Limited Edition Model 304249 is the same performance wise as the Tekna 703517 Prolite Black?

The purple gun comes with one less air cap and no cup but it has the same three tips, quick clean, digital regulator the biggest difference is the gun is much cheaper than the Black edition, I am finding it for at least $150 cheaper.

Other than having a purple vs black and needing to purchase the TE10 cap why wouldn't someone save some money?

I can't find any details on the purple edition gun

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 am
A Pro Lite is a Pro Lite and fitted with the same air cap and fluid tip will spray exactly the same as another, regardless of the colour.

The Quick Clean is just the anodising on the gun body. As with most Devilbiss guns they are the fussiest to clean, but the finish from the Pro Lites is lovely, worth an extra couple of minutes in cleaning.

By the time you buy another air cap and cup you'd probably be in the same ballpark on price anyway.

The choice you have to make is whether you could stand to be seen using a gun that colour.
Chris

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:20 pm
NFT5 wrote:...The choice you have to make is whether you could stand to be seen using a gun that colour.

You could just tell your friends that its a Harbor Freight gun.
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:06 am
Kind of off topic but I was in my paint distributor's shop today and they had one of these on the counter:

ws400.jpg

Truly a thing of beauty. If I had the $800 to spend I'd buy it just to hang in the gun cupboard.

I was a little surprised that it was noticeably heavier than a Pro Lite and the finger separator on the front of the handle wasn't in quite the right position for my hand. Perfectly balanced though and they were telling me that Iwata have fixed the "firehose" issue with some changes to the aircap and that it now has a fan so wide you can paint your house in just two passes. Apparently atomises HS clear like it was thinners.
Chris

Return to Tools and Supplies