Hutchins Hustler

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:35 am
My 40 year old Hutchins finally gave up the ghost, after years of service, and a couple minor rebuilds. I was planning on purchasing a new one, as they were always SOOO much better than any other long board sander. While looking on Amazon for the best price, I've seen people writing bad reviews, saying they don't last, not a good tool, etc.
My question, is have they gone down in quality over the years, or are these people just trolling? Are they still the best out there?

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:43 am
I have the same model and it still works great so I haven't been in the market for a new one.
At first I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the Hutchins but after all these years I realize it was a great investment.
That being said, maybe the new ones aren't being built to the same standards??? Might question the company on whether anything has changed.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:28 am
I dunno'......the internet is a wonderful and "dangerous" place when it comes to reviews and just plain information. Trolls are reality that you do indeed have to deal with.... here is an article on Hutchins that I read last year...
https://companyweek.com/company-profile ... ufacturing
Looks like they are not only NOT importing or having their stuff made off shore but instead are actually selling a great deal all over the world.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:21 am
Great article, DarrelK, and thanks, wonderful to see a company stay here and keep the quality up....New Hustler 2000 has been ordered!

Return to Tools and Supplies