Big Compressor Sale over at Eaton

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm
Okay, so before anybody starts complaining/crabbing I cleared this with Chris, our commander in chief here.... Go to www.eatoncompressor.com If you hit the Products button at the top all of their compressor models pop up. Look at the right end of that whole thing and you will see a sale for "cosmetically challenged" models. Now you will have to call them to see what is available. I talked to Megan there in the office and got a sweet deal on a 80 gallon 7.5 hp with their new Silencer system installed. It was there private label EMAX series which they sell through Northern Tool and a few other places. Guys, I'm telling this was a real legit deal on this model. All factory warranties intact, shipped to my door, liftgated, already built (not ordered) for $2000. They also did the invoicing with a Paypal bill with NO additional Fees. This let me tap on PayPal credit and I got 0% 6 months same as cash. My wood shop apprentice is buying my current 7.5 hp CH model so my whole net cost on this deal is like $1500. Megan did mention this sale also included some larger 3 phase models. If you are doing any kind of blasting those would definitely be worth a call.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:20 am
IMG_20200430_004731834.jpg
7.5 h.p. quiet compressor

Say hello to my new yellow friend..... So it literally was pallet jacked to my shop door by the driver after the lift gate drop. We made some measurements off the skid it was on and decided to go with heavy duty swivel casters rated at about 300 pounds a piece bolted through the skid cross members it was mounted on.... so we just cut away the other cross members on the skid which allowed it to easily roll into my shop. I'm glad we set it up this way as this thing was roughly 200 pounds heavier than my previous 7.5 CH compressor. It is a v4 configuration plus the built in intercooler and aftercooler loops up in those heads.....so that's a lot of iron up top there. We had removed the large silencer box (it's easy, just remove the breather/fiberglass and a few bolts) to make it easily fit through the door. We knew we were going to mount that silencer box on the other side of the wall anyway to draw "cleaner" air for it.
So we plumbed a total of about 140 feet of new 3/4 inch Rapid Air Maxline with a total of 5 drops in the building. We were replacing an old combo of iron and plastic lines, also 3/4 inch. I would highly recommend this stuff if you are thinking about going with copper. The ability to get this stuff up fast with NO leaks (nope, not one) is really nice. If you read some of the technical papers put out by Quincy they talk about how fittings interfere with the "laminar" air flow in system. These rolls of rigid tubing allow you to just run gradual bends. Another thing to consider is making your system a loop instead of just deadhead runs. You get what is called a manifold effect of faster air supply (think instant volume, not just pressure) to your tools, guns, etc. We were able to use the same 50 amp breaker as before and we now notice there is hardly any "dimming" of our lights when this kicks on.
So what's it sound like? Heaven....pure heaven.... You can stand next to it and ANSWER a cell phone call....seriously. Pump up speed is very fast also.
So, we love this thing. I may have to name it.... Hey, they are still having their sale over at Eaton.... I'm telling you guys....if you are even thinking about looking at a compressor at one of the big box hardware stores at least call Eaton to see what they can do.... remember they shipped this to my door for FREE.....
Hey, can any of you computer gurus turn this picture upright? If you tap on it you should see it upright but it would be nice if it was upright in the first place.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Tools and Supplies