Maybe Time For A New Gun--Recomendations??

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:31 pm
I have purchased a few guns from England. Four days later DHL drops them off at my shop.

Stupid cheap pricing also. Being in California I don't pay the VAT.
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:35 pm
NFT5 wrote:You're welcome.

I've done bonnets and boots with the AZ3. It's fine but these days I use a Gti Pro Lite, especially for clear on bigger jobs like those. For motorcycle parts I'd reach for the AZ3 without thinking - the FLG5 is just too big for smaller jobs like those.
O.K. then, you just sold me on the AZ3. I probably only have one boot to do coming up and then just smaller stuff so it should be fine. 2 yr before I would start doing whole cars so another gun would certainly be needed/wanted by then. Just curious, if you have purchased from that link you sent me, how long did it take for your package to arrive? Thanks!!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:39 pm
OldFatBald wrote:I have purchased a few guns from England. Four days later DHL drops them off at my shop.

Stupid cheap pricing also. Being in California I don't pay the VAT.
I just seen your post.....that is crazy fast shipping--I assume that was from the link from Spry Guns Direct (??) Thanks!!

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:15 pm
I've bought a few guns and other stuff from them, especially before sellers here in Australia realised that they actually had to be competitive to win business. Like OFB, best was 4 days which is faster than I've had things from Sydney, which is only a 3 hour drive away. Things are a bit different right at the moment with the viral silliness but normally there are lots of planes between England and Australia, so even things sent by Royal Mail can get here very quickly.

If you're not in the EU then you don't have to pay VAT although I do have to pay our GST, but as a business I get that back. Their prices are pretty sharp and service excellent, which is why I recommend them.
Chris

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:57 pm
NFT5 wrote:I've bought a few guns and other stuff from them, especially before sellers here in Australia realised that they actually had to be competitive to win business. Like OFB, best was 4 days which is faster than I've had things from Sydney, which is only a 3 hour drive away. Things are a bit different right at the moment with the viral silliness but normally there are lots of planes between England and Australia, so even things sent by Royal Mail can get here very quickly.

If you're not in the EU then you don't have to pay VAT although I do have to pay our GST, but as a business I get that back. Their prices are pretty sharp and service excellent, which is why I recommend them.
That seals the deal, going to order tonight.
Thanks!!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:20 pm
Just received the gun today....feels a lot nicer than my Eastwood unit that I liked and I know this will be better. What would you recommend for a base setting (fan/flow/pressure) for base as well as clear? I'm guessing full fan, lots of material and about 30-32psi maybe a bit more for clear??? Forgot to mention...ordered Sunday night (my time), landed here the next day. Took another 3 days to my door but over the pond in less than 24hrs from time of ordering....astonishing !!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:34 pm
my favorite gun, old Devilbiss :rotfl:
Jay D.
Attachments
DSCN1060.JPG
they say my name is Jay

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:29 pm
badsix wrote:my favorite gun, old Devilbiss :rotfl:
Jay D.
My Dad has a few from the '70's that he is always telling me to use....I feel bad but I am just getting used to the HVLP ones and I think I would need to re-learn at this point. Great guns I am sure though.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm
Just received the gun today....feels a lot nicer than my Eastwood unit that I liked and I know this will be better. What would you recommend for a base setting (fan/flow/pressure) for base as well as clear? I'm guessing full fan, lots of material and about 30-32psi maybe a bit more for clear??? Forgot to mention...ordered Sunday night (my time), landed here the next day. Took another 3 days to my door but over the pond in less than 24hrs from time of ordering....astonishing !!
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies