Air regulator for minigun

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:27 am
Hi All
I have the Iwata LPH-80 124G minigun. The regulator it came with goes to 10 bars which is rediculous for this gun since the gun runs off of 1 bar. So as you can guess I have no accuracy in dialing in, in any detail, around 1 bar. Is there such a thing as a more detailed air regulator for miniguns? Maybe a 0-30 psi gauge?
And if there is then what would the NPT sizes be? Those are confusing. I don't know if I am looking at 1/8" NPT or 1/4" NPT.
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
F9B9DB92-62CE-47C4-938E-A965887081E1.jpeg

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:26 am
I recently tried a new way of setting the air pressure at my spray guns. I put a temporary gauge on the gun and open it all the way up, then while holding the gun trigger full open, I adjust the pressure at the wall regulator. Once it is set, I remove the temporary gauge from the gun.
The pressure setting at the wall regulator will be higher since there is a pressure drop because of the hose and fittings.
This gives me the ability to get into tighter areas with the spray gun plus it keeps me from accidentally bumping the knob and throwing my settings off while spraying.

So far I have been pleased with the way this works. If need be I can always bump the pressure up or down a tad at the wall regulator.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Return to Tools and Supplies