Water and oil separators for new setup

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:36 pm
I’m getting my compressed air set up for painting and just have a couple questions. Like where does the oil filter go and is it a good idea to put a filter just for dirt at the tank before the regulator. I’m thinking two regulators, one at the tank to reduce pressure and thus air leakage from pipes, because I’m running copper pipe up hill almost to the ceiling, with 8’ of 3/4 copper radiator in that run. Then I’m putting a brass T at the top, out the top of that T back to the second regulator which is also water separator, then the outlet to tools. Straight down off the brass T a drain pipe with ball valve. Which side of the regulator/separator should the oil filter go, or does it matter? Also if I decide to put a dedicated in, where? I’m thinking it would be at the end of the line right before the tool hose outlet. This is just a part time jobber, but I want a good paint job out of it. I also have a good manual ball valve on the tank easy to reach. Sorry this is so long but don’t know how to include drawings just yet.
Much appreciation.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:53 pm
Here is a link that contains information and drawings that may help with your airline/water issues.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/compressed-air/
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:36 am
Thanks, great link, answers all my questions

Return to Tools and Supplies