Gun cleaning station

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:33 pm
Does anyone use a commercial gun cleaning station or just a pot with some thinners?

Had a paint rep try to sell me one last week and he was giving me all the plus and minus of the product

If you do use one, thoughts, does it clean and recycle the thinners, is the cost of the machine saved by the thinners being recycled, etc

Steve

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:14 pm
Cheap ones are about $1500, sometimes on special around $1300.

I bought a second hand stainless laundry tub for $30, added some tube and an old Schutz gun with a regulator, also old, plus a bit of alloy tube and some hose clamps lying around the shop. Bought 3 x 20l gun wash for $100 and that lasted about 6 months.

Had one drum underneath for the dirty stuff and another, with a tap, next to the tub for clean thinner which I used for the final rinse.

It did splash a bit but that was because I had the air turned up, which then worked like a gurney. Made a splashback later and wore an apron or spray suit when using.

My guns have never been so clean and I learnt along the way that you can extend the life of the recycled stuff by rinsing out the gun first and putting that waste into the slops tin.

Cleaning was fast and easy and I reckon I saved a fortune in thinners that I used to have in an open top tin on the bench.

Can't seem to find a picture but search Youtube, The Gunman. I modelled it after what he did.
Chris

Return to Tools and Supplies