DeVilbiss GPi All-Purpose Gravity Spraygun

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:22 pm
I have been using the DeVilbiss FLG5 with 1.4 tip on a few projects. It works well.

I have been thinking of trying something different and came across the DeVilbiss GPi All-Purpose Gravity Spraygun https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/index ... OIyhC.dpbs

Would this be a worth while upgrade? My next project will be my 1987 Camaro Z28 repaint in a few months.

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:51 am
In terms of spray quality the GPI isn't really an upgrade from the FLG5 which is a gun that is much better than it should be, for the price.

However, the GPI is much better made than the FLG5 which is a bit rough around the edges. Devilbiss includes the GPI in their Pro range as a general purpose gun, so that gives you a pretty good idea of where they're pitching it - at professionals or high end amateurs who might want to keep their Pro Lite just for clear, but need a solid quality gun for epoxies, 2K direct gloss or similar.
Chris

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:13 pm
The FLG5 has been working great and can't beat the price for sure. I was looking what was out there as a step up to try that wouldn't break the bank.

Return to Tools and Supplies