Devilbiss Questions

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:18 pm
so ive been looking at getting a couple of different guns to replace my starting line guns.
one il use for clear coat and one ill use for base coat .
i was looking at once getting like a DV1 or a tekna prolite.
but upon glancing at the devilbiss site.
i noticed they have some new guns out.
the gpg series and also the prolite series ..
i guess they are not doing a prolite tekna anymore?
new gun devilbiss itm numbers below you can find basic info on the devilbiss website by using the numbers below
GPG 905012
Prolite 905038

ive found some good deals on the gpg and the prolite they are cheaper than a tekna and or a dvi..
guess they are too new for reviews yet ive not seen any youtube reviews?
i have not found hardly any info on eaither gun yet

basicly im going to start doing motorcycle fenders tanks etc.
ill be spraying some basic base coast black white red etc..
some pearls pigments mixed with intercoat clear.
some candys etc and then a nice clear coat..

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:50 pm
I believe I already replied to this on another site?

Personally I prefer the Iwata LPH400 Silver Cap (1.4 tip) for this type of work. It has a smaller spray pattern so you don't waste as much paint in over spray, it also runs at a lower air pressure so a softer spray and it handles everything but build primers. Epoxy, base and clear all lay down great with this gun.

'59 Panhead fenders
No Flash.JPG

2000 Ultra Classic
FairingInstalled.jpg

SPIBlack.jpg

Right Rear View.jpg
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:10 pm
It looks like Devilbiss might be starting to phase out the Tekna name. Makes sense, it was only used in North America and most of the Tekna range were just renamed Devilbiss models, usually minus the air inlet valve.

DV1 is Devilbiss' flagship. Great gun but highly priced as well and while better than the Pro Lite, not by and enormous margin.

GPG is a new range aimed at the middle of the market pricewise. Good solid guns at reasonable prices. Not quite Pro Lite in terms of performance but I see they're using the 7E7 aircap which used to be the best available in the Tekna Copper and probably fits between TE10 and T110 in the Pro Lite. Lots of different aircaps and fluid tips in the GPG range so easy to set up a couple of guns for different purposes. Good choice for someone who wants quality guns but whose budget doesn't quite reach to top of the line models.

Pro Lite has been out for some years and they've just done a freshen up on the labelling. Fan sizes are a bit bigger than the GPG which would probably suit your application better.
Chris

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:28 pm
NFT5 wrote:It looks like Devilbiss might be starting to phase out the Tekna name. Makes sense, it was only used in North America and most of the Tekna range were just renamed Devilbiss models, usually minus the air inlet valve.

DV1 is Devilbiss' flagship. Great gun but highly priced as well and while better than the Pro Lite, not by and enormous margin.

GPG is a new range aimed at the middle of the market pricewise. Good solid guns at reasonable prices. Not quite Pro Lite in terms of performance but I see they're using the 7E7 aircap which used to be the best available in the Tekna Copper and probably fits between TE10 and T110 in the Pro Lite. Lots of different aircaps and fluid tips in the GPG range so easy to set up a couple of guns for different purposes. Good choice for someone who wants quality guns but whose budget doesn't quite reach to top of the line models.

Pro Lite has been out for some years and they've just done a freshen up on the labelling. Fan sizes are a bit bigger than the GPG which would probably suit your application better.

thanks for the info yeah im really looking into the GPG guns ive found some.
good prices on them summit etc about 350$ i would like to get a couple.
one set up for my color base and then clear coat..
i have ordered a pro lite s in 0.6mm for stencil work stripes etc..
but we will see what happens

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:43 pm
im also looking into the iwata as mentioned earlier along with their lph80.
would use the 400 for base coats and clears and use the 80 for stencils and lines etc.
i shoot alot of pigment powder mixed into intercoat clear.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:56 am
and a local supplier has the supernova ws400 on sale right now in blow out sale..
is it also a low air gun like the lph?

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:10 pm
CD82 wrote:im also looking into the iwata as mentioned earlier along with their lph80.
would use the 400 for base coats and clears and use the 80 for stencils and lines etc.
i shoot alot of pigment powder mixed into intercoat clear.

I love my LPH-80s, I have four of them and when doing multiple colors, I put different colored tapes on the cups, each with different colors in them. Great guns!

Do yourself a favor and sell off your starting line gun.

Don't buy guns off of Amazon, they sell a lot of garbage clones for stupid cheap.
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm
i have bought the little lph 80 im going to see how i like it.
before i buy another one i might be getting me another by the weekend lol..
im going to do some reasearch on the supernova ws400.. as i said they are having a blow out sale here local and i can get one for 450 with no cup out the door..

but i can see maybe having 2 or 3 different lph 80s for diff colors etc

Return to Tools and Supplies