Don't Really Need It But Want It,.... GTiPro

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 1:14 pm
Hi Guys,

Kinda like the subject line says...........I'm in a position now to get a new toy--a Dveilbiss GTi Pro. Want to try it out as a dedicated clear gun. From what I have read a T110 cap will give the smoothest results. Just not sure about the tip size, a 1.2 or a 1.3 Which one would give me the best finish for all types of clear. I'll check the TDS also. FWIW, I am currently shooting Omni MC262 ( a 4:1 mix). Recommendations?

Thanks!!

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:21 am
Have a look at the Pro Lite as an alternative to the GTi Pro. Same caps and fliud tips but the Pro Lite is lighter and therefore a bit easier to use.

As for the fluid tip(s), I have 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 all set up on different guns. Generally I'll choose the aircap based on the finish that I want/need to match and fluid tip based on the clear. For MS Clear I'll use 1.2mm usually whereas for HS clear I generally start with the 1.3mm.

Search "Devilbiss Intelligent Atomisation" on Google. There are some web pages and videos that explain how you can adapt aircaps and fluid tips according to the weather - it's good knowledge to have.
Chris

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:44 am
NFT5 wrote:Have a look at the Pro Lite as an alternative to the GTi Pro. Same caps and fliud tips but the Pro Lite is lighter and therefore a bit easier to use.

As for the fluid tip(s), I have 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 all set up on different guns. Generally I'll choose the aircap based on the finish that I want/need to match and fluid tip based on the clear. For MS Clear I'll use 1.2mm usually whereas for HS clear I generally start with the 1.3mm.

Search "Devilbiss Intelligent Atomisation" on Google. There are some web pages and videos that explain how you can adapt aircaps and fluid tips according to the weather - it's good knowledge to have.
Thanks!! I will definitely do the search about atomization. I don't know if the clear I am using is MS or HS, I looked quickly awhile ago but could not find the info online--might have to call them directly--my guess is that it is a MS.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:41 pm
NFT5 wrote:
After a little more research it makes sence that my current OMNI clear is indeed a MS style. I think that I will order the gun with a 1.2 and experiment. Maybe down the line I will try it with a 1.3 to see what works best for me. I'm just doing little jobs on the side so it is a learning curve but I find it fun to pick up new skills and if I have a set back, I just start over and learn from it.

Return to Tools and Supplies