First Impressions Of My GTi Pro Lite

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:42 am
Ooooh, there's a 1.3mm now.

The one I have now is 1.0mm and I'd like to add a 1.2mm. I already have a 1.3mm midi gun (the red Star S1000) but I don't really see the point. If I want a narrower fan with 1.3mm tip then the Star or the AZ3 will do just fine depending on the size of the job. Or, if it's a bigger panel then one of the Pro Lites.

The advantage of the AZ4, and the reason why I keep the ANI midi guns, is that the AZ4 runs at extremely low pressure (<15psi) but atomises really well, so it is easy to put the paint where I want it, without overspray. For SMART repairs or little blow-ins they are awesome.

I've said it before but before I even mix the paint I go over each job. Sometimes holding a gun, usually not, and plan how I want to attack it - difficult spots and so on. I imagine what I need from a gun to give me the result I want, considering the paint I'm using and that usually narrows it down to one or two. I then consider things like temperatures and how that will impact my finish - that usually determines the size tip that I'll use.
Chris
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies