Difference between Devilbiss FLG5 and FLGHVG315?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:37 pm
I’m having a hard time finding a Devilbiss FLG5 gun that’s in stock, and would like to widen my search, how does that compare with the FLGHVG 315? Don’t need a primer gun just a decent top coat. Thanks. Also if anybody has one similar to the FLG5 you’d like to sell I might be interested. Thanks

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:42 pm
The other one is the FLG4, not a bad gun but superseded by the FLG5 and HVLP rather than the more efficient RP of the FLG5.

Seems there are plenty left here, but you'd need to talk to them about postage. Note that their price includes 10% GST that you would not have to pay for export.

Also seems to be some left in the UK here.

My usual recommendation, Sprayguns Direct, seem to be out of stock until the end of July. For a substantial retailer of Devilbiss products that seems a bit odd, especially given that the FLG5 is very popular. Makes me wonder why. A new model coming?

While the FLG5 is a very good gun for the money, Devilbiss now have a couple of other choices to fill that void between the FLG5 and the Pro Lite.

First is the GPi which is a general purpose gun but sprays really nice. Generally available with 1.4mm and 1.8mm tips, 1.2mm and 1.6mm are also available if you hunt around. See here. The GPi is made in England (not Brazil like the FLG5) and there is a noticeable quality difference. Built like a brick dunny, will last for years. This one is on my list.

Second is the GPG. It's the replacement for the Pro Lite primer gun. Haven't tried it but looks like the heavier GTi body combined with bits from the Pro Lite. Again intended as a general purpose gun but comes with a 1.4mm tip as well as others up to 2.5mm. Be a great primer gun.
Chris

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:46 pm
Thanks very much Chris, just what I needed to know. Was looking at the Iwata
LPH400LVB just now not because I need the low CFMs but just didn’t see much between the pro Lite and the FLG5. But then I saw where that Iwata was ideal for metallics and pearls (which I’ll probably never shoot) and wondered what that meant for single stage or Base Clear. But these Devilbisses GPI and GPG sound real good

Return to Tools and Supplies