Shocked At What A Cheap Gun Could Do!

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:41 pm
Hi Guys,

About 10 yr ago, I bought an Eastwood Concours detail gun. Only played around with it and forgot about it on the shelf. With the last bike parts, I had 5 small pieces and, normally I would of just used my AZ3 for them to clear but, I thought I would play around with this little guy. Looking around online for settings and all I found from Eastwood was that it was replaced by something similar but still, they only tell you what the knobs do--no suggestions on settings. So......I mix up my regular clear, set the gun to 2 bar with the fan open and the fluid 2.5 turns open from closed and give it a go. Real nice pattern for the first coat and it felt "right"--if that makes sense. Next coat I open the fluid another half and shot it. Looks nice so I call it quits. Check on it next day and it flowed out super smooth. As good as anything I have shot with a better gun. I did get a small run at the edge of 2 parts so maybe the extra turn on the fluid was not needed but overall, I was pleasantly surprised.

After looking at the specs on the replacement of this gun, it says the new one has a 1.0 tip so I can only assume that mine is the same. I have to admit, for small stuff, I may use this again. I know it is cheap and off shore quality, but I was impressed how well it layed clear. I'll try to add a pic of it here.
Last edited by Rebel Racing on Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:44 pm
Rebel Racing wrote:Hi Guys,

I'll try to add a pic of it here.
Nope, cant figure out how to add a pic from my computer.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:16 am
All the small "cheap" guns I've ever used seemed to spray way better than
their larger same brand gun. I think they just atomize better because of their size.
JC.

(It's not custom painting-it's custom sanding)

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:43 am
Rebel Racing wrote:

When the text window is open. Scroll down to the black bar on this page.
There you will see two tabs: Options and Upload Attachments. Select Upload Attachments and when the new tab opens up hit the Choose File button.

This will allow you to search your computer for the proper file location and image you want. Double click or select and click Open and that file information will appear next to the Choose File button.

Once the file is there click the Add the File box and then wait it out.
The file will appear in a separate line underneath this text box and have two options.

Position the cursor in this box where you would like the photo to appear and then click the Place inline button.

The file information will appear in the text box but once you hit Preview or Submit the picture will show.
Attachments
Clear Coated.JPG
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:10 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:
Rebel Racing wrote:

When the text window is open. Scroll down to the black bar on this page.
There you will see two tabs: Options and Upload Attachments. Select Upload Attachments and when the new tab opens up hit the Choose File button.

This will allow you to search your computer for the proper file location and image you want. Double click or select and click Open and that file information will appear next to the Choose File button.

Once the file is there click the Add the File box and then wait it out.
The file will appear in a separate line underneath this text box and have two options.

Position the cursor in this box where you would like the photo to appear and then click the Place inline button.

The file information will appear in the text box but once you hit Preview or Submit the picture will show.
Thanks!! I'll try that.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:03 pm
Update....... used this little gun again. Small bike part--tiny side panel. Set the gun at 2 turns out on the fluid, dropped air to 22 psi and kept the fan wide open. Sprayed great and little to no overspray. Checked on it today--the smoothest clear I have ever sprayed. From now on, this is my go to gun for real small stuff. I do have an AZ4 coming for clear on the other bike parts so if it sprays as good as this elcheapo gun, I think I will be very happy.

Return to Tools and Supplies