New Paint Gun Stuff

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:40 pm
Darryl is a big fan of this product line and I got to thinking that perhaps I could tweak my gear with the metal cups that Turbine Products have on their site. I was going to buy two cups, but ended up getting one cup and a complete gun, so I am making my foray into bleeder gun spraying. I plan to spray the nose on my TA this weekend. I plan to do the base coat (Switchblade silver metallic) with the bleeder gun and use the gun ai have with the new metal cup installed for the clear. The issue leading me to make the change is the plastic cups end up leaking, dropping blobs of clear or base unless wrapped with paper towels.

The new gun and a cup installed fine on the existing gun.

Some pics.
Please excuse the mess, it really looks worse than it is.
I just grabbed all that crap to sort it out tonight

JT

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:46 am
Let us know how it works out for you.
I have never had a problem with the plastic cups leaking but I keep everything very clean. That being said, I prefer the metal cups and just make sure the snap-in lids get replaced when necessary. The metal cups are easier to clean in my opinion.

I recently purchased the DeKups starter kit but haven't tried it yet. Always a bit reluctant to try new things.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:40 am
Can’t really see in the picture but these cups have a cam lock like what cinches up a siphon cup to seal the lid. I am pretty impressed with the quality of the gun and the cup
Can’t wait to try it out later today

I have not sprayed a thing since finishing up the R-M Camaro project back in April. I am spraying the nose on the car and there is hardly a straight surface on the whole thing. Hoping for the best.

The project stalled a bit as I got kind of burned out turning the Camaro around in 4 months and the going back to bracket racing this season. Ended up 4th in the second half and 8th overalls so I’m heading to Lebanon Valley Dragway at the end of the month for Bracket Finals.

I don’t know how much painting I’ll get done after this and the finals. I had hoped to get into a booth in town from a friend of my cousin’s shop, but the motors for his booth got flooded by Ida. We’ll see.

JT

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:35 pm
I actually loved the bleeder gun and will probably get another. It was less than half the cost of the Titans I purchased and it worked great. The one thing I was concerned about was dialing back the air to do the headlight are, you can’t on this gun but it did not seem to matter.

I posted pictures in my project thread.

JT

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:02 am
If you need to dial back air simply get an inline hose shut off valve and put it just before your gun... You could also put a good quality electric rheostat on the turbine itself....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Tools and Supplies