How to Compare Budget HVLP Turbine Systems

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:36 pm
You just might try and check with either Tammy or Bob at Tamco or a knowledgeable counter guy at a paint jobber (not sure how many of those guys are left) about that need for a particular under color before proceeding. Do not assume that putting more of that color on will make it the "right" color you are seeking.....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:09 am
DarrelK wrote:You can indeed do that however with having sprayed with, built, and selling these units I think the best approach is still to control the air at the gun. I tend to be of the Keep It Simple Stupid regime so for $5 you just can't beat installing this just after your gun handle..... https://www.homedepot.com/p/Melnor-Meta ... /203136689 You are back pressuring the turbine somewhat but these new design motors do have a back pressure port built right into the discharge outlet. Another option is to just wire it to full out high speed and install a rheostat controller as your switch.

The motor came in. No documentation was included but I did find it this online.
https://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Ametek/122097-00(High&Low).pdf

There are 3 wires (Black, Blue and Yellow).
Looking at the diagram, for High speed only I would wire the Black wire to Neutral,
and the Blue wire Hot (switched or through rheostat).
Yellow wire would not be used.

Is that correct?
Last edited by 67Drop on Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:16 am
That should be correct. Just confirm it with a "test wiring." The units do not come with documentation normally as they are a "replacement" unit.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies