Lead in air hose.

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:19 pm
Does anybody have any recommendations for lead in air hose? I need a few actually. Only one has to be temperature relevant. I need to connect together the different sections of my system. Pump to coiled1/2" copper line cooler. Cooler to 3/4" copper condensation lines. Condensation lines to 30 gallon extra tank. Extra tank to original tank. Original tank to extra#2 tank 10 gallon. Tank 2 to dryer/filter. And the last hose is my working line that I connect to my gun. Right now it is 25ft 3/8" rubber hose with high flow fittings. Is that big enough for flow hose or should I run 1/2" for final hose?
I looked at pex last night but it doesn't seem very flexible and there lots of curves. And it isn't made for air line expressly. Amazon has some 1/2"hoses but the fittings either don't swivel for ease of installation or have too small ID. Thanks

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:53 am
Philtrytotricoat wrote:Pump to coiled1/2" copper line cooler.

This one needs solid copper tube or, if it must be flexible, a high temperature line with braided stainless covering. Unsheathed lines will just soften and burst, even the (supposed high temp 135C) lines.

Philtrytotricoat wrote:Cooler to 3/4" copper condensation lines.

Use copper tube with an adaptor at one end.

Philtrytotricoat wrote:Condensation lines to 30 gallon extra tank.

By now the air will have cooled somewhat. Braided line would be best or a high temp line.

Philtrytotricoat wrote:Extra tank to original tank. Original tank to extra#2 tank 10 gallon. Tank 2 to dryer/filter.

Standard 10mm PVC will do for any of these, basically fixed lines.

Philtrytotricoat wrote:. And the last hose is my working line that I connect to my gun. Right now it is 25ft 3/8" rubber hose with high flow fittings.

I like a highly flexible hose that lays down on the floor and won't kink. Hybrid polymer, but there are others. 10mm here is fine.
Chris

Return to Tools and Supplies