HULK POWER 80-Gallons Two Stage Corded Electric Vertical Ai

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:54 pm
HULK POWER 80-Gallons Two Stage Corded Electric Vertical Air Compressor
Item #5202785 Model #HI05V080Y1S

Anyone know anything about this air compressor? Legit? Is it any good?

thanks in advance

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:35 pm
It is just another brand division of Eaton sold under the Emax name. Even has the same Whisper Quiet box as my Eaton. I have the 7.5 h.p. version, been running continuously in my wood shop for the last year and a half.
Attachments
IMG_20200429_145946787 (2).jpg
Real workhorse of a machine.....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:19 am
Many thanks!

So would you say its worth getting? I was looking at getting emax but that seems to be almost impossible for me to get. I am looking for that quiet type with the silencer.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:42 am
Well, they are all made right here in Ohio about 2 hours from me. They are all initially coming off the same shipping docks but I'm assuming the different "name" brands may or may not be stocked in various warehouses all over. That's probably why you are finding various deals/arrangements on shipping. You might want to contact Eaton directly to see if they have any scratch/dent sales and shipping specials right from the factory. Mine was bought on one of those sales and they threw in free shipping to my door. At the time my "all in" price was $2000 on that big yellow unit....
https://eatoncompressor.com/
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:05 am
thanks man!

Question is: Eaton makes these air compressors such as polar air, hulk, emax, and whatever else but are they basically the same so if the specs are similar its just a rebrand or different color so whether its a hulk, polar air or emax a 5hp quiet is the same? Or is hulk like a lower grade of emax?

My options with buying one of these are limited due to my location and I am trying to get a quiet air compressor.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:42 am
Nope, they are all the same made side by side in the Eaton plant. You can ask them but I don't believe they are getting any specific model built exclusively off shore, well, at least at this point. Eaton generally has all of it's components made off shore to their spec.s then combines that with their purpose made tanks, chassis, etc. Everything is then assembled, run tested at the main plant here in Ohio.
There is a huge advantage to "capturing" a market by making your same quality product under several labels. "You" become your own competition.... as competition receedes people are then comparing products within your own manufacturing lines.
"Oh, I got great deal on a Hulk, it was X amount of dollars cheaper than a Polar Air."
As long as your spec.s are similar on models crossing Eaton's lines I don't see how you could go wrong, check the warranties.....

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:27 am
Thanks a lot for the info!

But now I see that home depot is selling emax 5hp so I was thinking of trying to order that soon.

I remember reading somehwere that the quiet synthetic oil helps reduce the noise I wonder how legit is that? How many quarts would a 5hp air comp take?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:27 pm
I think it's legit oil. My theory on that is if the compressor is quieter with that oil then there is probably less wear going on internally. I think you would be at 2 quarts but you'd make sure and see the spec. sheet on the model you are buying.....

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:19 am
looks like home depot has emax 80g 5hp in stock and looks like they deliver I will give that a shot soon.

Do these big air compressors need to be put on mounting pads? And do they need to be bolted to the floor?

Most of my use will probably be just for painting and that is not too often at all.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:59 pm
Mine came mounted on a small wooden pallet. I just parked it in place and it's still there. Also make it easier to drain moisture from the tank due to easier access.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31
Next

Return to Tools and Supplies