SataJet RPS to PPS cup conversion question

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:16 pm
Has anybody used the 3M adapter # 16135 to convert a newer Sata gun from RPS cups to 3m's PPS cups? I just bought a Sata RP 1500 and I don't like the RPS cups, I like the 3M system better so I bought the 3M adapter. The problem is since there isn't any threads you can't tighten it enough to keep it from coming lose when you twist the 3M plastic cup off, the adapter loosens first. Has anybody else used this adapter with success? I may just go with the Sata aluminum cup that's made for the newer threadless guns. Thanks.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:48 pm
Toadman wrote:Has anybody used the 3M adapter # 16135 to convert a newer Sata gun from RPS cups to 3m's PPS cups? I just bought a Sata RP 1500 and I don't like the RPS cups, I like the 3M system better so I bought the 3M adapter. The problem is since there isn't any threads you can't tighten it enough to keep it from coming lose when you twist the 3M plastic cup off, the adapter loosens first. Has anybody else used this adapter with success? I may just go with the Sata aluminum cup that's made for the newer threadless guns. Thanks.

Well, I just tightened it up more and it's not coming loose anymore. I was scared of breaking off the "land" that it tightens against on the gun. But I'm still curious if anybody else has done this and how it's doing over time,

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:59 pm
just tighten it pretty good. it will hold dont be to worried.

if you are storing left over paint in that 3m cup, use the black plug and store it upside down standing on the black plug so your filter dose not dry out and give you chunks on your next use.
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:14 pm
PainterDave wrote:just tighten it pretty good. it will hold dont be to worried.

if you are storing left over paint in that 3m cup, use the black plug and store it upside down standing on the black plug so your filter dose not dry out and give you chunks on your next use.

Thank you much! I will do that, I saw that somewhere else also about storing upside down.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:17 pm
Toadman wrote:

Thank you much! I will do that, I saw that somewhere else also about storing upside down.

There's a small white plastic or delrin washer in the gun that seals the adapter or rps cup. Since it's made for the plastic rps cup to seat against I wonder after removing the metal adapter over time for cleaning, etc can that little washer be replaced? I don't see that gasket in the parts diagram.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:39 am
Toadman wrote:
Toadman wrote:

There's a small white plastic or delrin washer in the gun that seals the adapter or rps cup. Since it's made for the plastic rps cup to seat against I wonder after removing the metal adapter over time for cleaning, etc can that little washer be replaced? I don't see that gasket in the parts diagram.

The Part number would be 96875 inner gun seal, i highly doubt you'll ever need to replace that seal, dont use anything but a qtip in there to clean it.

what is your email ? ill send you the catalog PDF, or you can google SATA Dan Am catalog 30

Valspar DeBeer LIC

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:17 am
PainterDave wrote:
Toadman wrote:
Toadman wrote:

The Part number would be 96875 inner gun seal, i highly doubt you'll ever need to replace that seal, dont use anything but a qtip in there to clean it.

what is your email ? ill send you the catalog PDF, or you can google SATA Dan Am catalog 30

Thanks Dave, PM sent.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:54 pm
Sent the PDF

Valspar DeBeer LIC

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:38 pm
PainterDave wrote:Sent the PDF

Thanks Much Dave, I appreciate it.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:52 pm
Toadman wrote:
PainterDave wrote:Sent the PDF

Thanks Much Dave, I appreciate it.

Youre welcome, its a pretty large file, did it open ok for you ?

Valspar DeBeer LIC
Next

Return to Tools and Supplies