Upgrade My DA Palm Sander?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:45 pm
Hi Guys,

For the past 2 yr I have been using a $35 Amazon air 5" DA sander and so far it has been fine. I'm just doing motorcycle parts. I don't have any other experience but can someone convince me to spend $250 or more on a brand name unit? I'm sure it is quieter and will last a lot longer but are there any other advantages? Newbie question for sure. Any advice? Thanks!!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:38 am
I haven't used any high dollar ones, but I like my Ingersol Rand. Mainly, because it has a good way to lock out the orbital part, to make it a straight circular sander. Some have different ways to do this, but I prefer the "pin and hole" type. They last pretty long with lots of use. A bit less air consumption than the cheap ones.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:22 am
Sent you a PM that might of help.....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:48 pm
chopolds wrote:I haven't used any high dollar ones, but I like my Ingersol Rand. Mainly, because it has a good way to lock out the orbital part, to make it a straight circular sander. Some have different ways to do this, but I prefer the "pin and hole" type. They last pretty long with lots of use. A bit less air consumption than the cheap ones.
Thanks, I'll look into that one.

Return to Tools and Supplies