Decal Removal Wheel??

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:47 pm
Hi Guys,

Had a guy contact me about removing decals from his bike tank. They are factory ones so I assume they are cleared in. He doesn't want any paint damage, he does not want a re spray. I'm afraid of putting heat on them or any kind of scraping. I have seen a decal removing wheel but know nothing about them. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of walking away from it since I know if I mess it up I will be on the hook for a full paint job. Just curious if those wheels actually work and don't hurt the paint.

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:20 pm
I've used them to take the decals off of our shop trucks some years back but those were put over the factory finish by a sign company. I was surprised how well they worked.

If the decals are covered with clear, I don't think that they would work as I don't think that is what they are intended for but.....I'm sure some of our local experts will know for sure.
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:40 pm
OldFatBald wrote:I've used them to take the decals off of our shop trucks some years back but those were put over the factory finish by a sign company. I was surprised how well they worked.

If the decals are covered with clear, I don't think that they would work as I don't think that is what they are intended for but.....I'm sure some of our local experts will know for sure.
That makes sense, if it removes the clear over the decal then it will take off the clear around it also. I'll have to see it in person I guess.

Return to Tools and Supplies