Suggestions Please

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:47 pm
I am a hobiest.

I am a looking to repaint my motorcycles. Im looking at the devilbiss finishline 2 or 3 as a starter gun to learn on. I have several pieces of old sheet metal from old projects to practice on. I am leaning toward the finishline 2 as it comes with 1.4 and 1.6 tips. Air is not a problem as my compressor meets the cfm and psi requirements.

Will be painting basecoat/clear coat to start, candys and metalics later as I get more into it.

Any suggestions on other suitable guns in this price range.

Anyone have any comment on either of these devilbiss guns.

A friend suggested a sata mini jet III said it a bit more expensive but well suited for motorcycle painting. He said also as I learn to paint this is an excellent touch up gun if I decide to move into painting larger vehicles.

Just dont want to sink a bunch into a high dollar gun to find out I,ve got 5 thumbs and two left hands when it comes to painting.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:40 pm
I just bought the Devilbiss Finishline III gravity feed hvlp from ebay recently. I paid $102 for it. I also bought the $39 Harbor Freight gun. Both of them work great as far as i'm concerned. Easy to use, clean up and uses all the paint.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=43430

Return to Tools and Supplies