Shops and Insurance

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:24 pm
There's a couple of shops in my area that are known for doing good work, but if you tell them you are not going through your insurance, they seem to not want to do business with you when giving you an estimate. I know they probably make more money off insurance claims, but kind of sad if you just want to pay out of your own pocket. Anyone have a similar experience?

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:09 am
All of the shops that I know of charge walk in customer paid jobs more. Sounds weird, maybe they are just used to non-insurance estimates being a waste of time (since a lot of the time the customer is shopping around town). I don't know that's a bummer that you are not getting a good attitude from a place that you want to give your money to :(
Dr. Auto Car Repairs http://www.doctorautorepair.com

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:34 am
that's rather backwards.
A man can do all things if he but wills them.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:29 pm
Hello, my name is Kelly. I work for Swift Auto Body in Windsor Mill, Maryland. Swift will gladly do work even if the insurance company is not involved. Swift even works out payment arrangements when the insurance company is not involved. I'm sorry to hear that people are having trouble with some shops, maybe Maryland is just blessed to have him doing business in their state.

Return to The Pro Shop!