Estimating software

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:55 am
I own an auto paint and body shop but mostly do complete paint jobs, little insurance work. Lately due to a major body shop near by closing down, I have been getting more requests for insurance work. I need an alternative to expensive estimating software. Does anyone know of a free online site I could use or at least one that does not charge a lot.

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:51 pm
your best bet would be to contact a parts supplier about this. They would know more about it. Our supplier provides a free estimating software for the shop.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:15 pm
I am using Web-Est and find that it's worth the money. There are better, but a lot more expensive. With the Web-Est, you can customize the printout, and change your shop rates as well. It's a good program.

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:48 pm
Mitchell used to have an on-line estimating software. You paid per estimate.
I don't know if they still have it. Probably do.

--
Gordon

Non-Lurker
USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 pm
Try not to sign a contract.. Acura, and Morgan Olson truck make their parts list and number with price availablele free. I think others will do the same I pay 1100 bucks a year for crash writer, no contract, I pay for the year in advance and save. I like it. CCC services has mitchal, but they want you sighn your life away, They sucked me in with an auto renew contract for 2 yeras that bled me. they don't have a clue about customer service. It is nice to have a neat printed estimate... Looks matter.

Return to The Pro Shop!