waterborne paint issue

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:46 pm
hello i'm new to the forum. i'm having an huge issue with waterborne paint and my paint booth, its clogged my exhaust stack and i'm having trouble finding a company to hire to clean it out. i know my heating and plumbing guy needs to come to take the exhause fan out but other than that who cleans the stack? and how? this is a fairly new problem has anybody else run into this problem? every paint job i do right now is a disaster i have next to no air flow i might as well be painting next to the body men.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 pm
well, we have two down drafts at work and when the painters clean them they use the pressure washer, from what you have been describing you have a cross draft i would say as long as its reachable try either scraping it off or as long as no electrical is in the way be careful but you might be able to pass some water in there the fume gets nice and thick/heavy we have dupont wb and its a pain to clean good luck you could always call up your paint wquipement dealer or even your paint jobber to recommend someone to do it
R&R front bumper cover- 1.5
R&R lwr grille- incl
R&R fog lamps- incl
R&R upper grille- incl
replace retainer- incl
WTF!!!!!!! everything is INCLUDED!!!!!!!!!!!

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 pm
its acctually a full down draft booth but thanks for the advice.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:02 pm
The last thing you want to use in your spray booth is water. Rust is your enemy so I would advise using qualified methods for cleaning which includes scraping. If you tell me your area I can provide a recommendation for an authorized service technician.

Return to The Pro Shop!