MAACO

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:14 am
:goodpost: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:16 am
A body shop up the street from us had a sign in their office that said "Getting your car fixed is a lot like buying oats. You pay a decent price you get nice oats. If you're a cheapskate you get the stuff that's already gone through the horse." Put simply you get what you pay for.

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:31 pm
15 years ago i helped a buddy prep his 81 Prelude.....dings,dents, and spot priming and sanding. we pulled the bumpers, lights, mouldings, and door handles.
They solvent washed, taped, tacked and shot it for 300 bucks. Silver Metallic. SHARP! No denibbing or buffing needed. MAACO done fine by my buddy and it was good cause he had no place or tools to top coat. They use Nason today I am told.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Settled In
Canada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:08 am
lol I went to work for a maaco. I laughed when I found out I replaced half the "bodymen" that worked there, at the time I thought it was humourous that they cleared out half the bodyshop for me and I thought it was funny when the other "bodymen" watched as I did repairs and would say they had never seen anyone do what I did, and I thought I was doing real rough rough outs but it turned out I was doing more than they ever did. the real funny thing was that I put out more work than the 3 of them did together. the real problem I found at maaco was management. if you have one person come to work for you and that one person doubles the shop volume by himself wouldnt you think you would try and keep him happy instead of trying to burn him for work or feed him all the crap work but with a good brake and a good set of shears it only takes a few minutes to do the bottom of a door in metal lol I thought it was easier and faster than filling it all with fiberglass like they wanted. lol gotta do what the customer wants or wants to pay for.
Previous

Return to The Pro Shop!