Looking to re-open a body shop/resto biz in illinois.

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

* Banned *
USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:55 am
Well got lucky today. Met up with a young guy, does nothing but strictly custom work and fab. Has a plasma cutter cnc machine. Run by cad, a small machine shop in the back, It's two shops next to each other. and full paint booth and all the goodies. Since he has a lot of full on custom work and one of the shops sits empty, we agreed to have me use the one side were the booth is. If i want a custom paint job done and i don't feel confident enough, i set my price on what i can afford and away he goes. Otherwise if i do all my own work, like i do now i can cut him in on a few bucks. No utilities to worry about, borrow major tools, and the booth. Only about a half hour away. So all is well. Plenty of parking too. and large shop!. Thank god! :happy:
Life is Short, Live your life and Do what You want to Do!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:35 pm
JUST SHOOT ME. I AM THE IDIOT THAT FELL FOR THIS A-HOLES SCAM

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:55 pm
Cant imagine him getting any work done. He had like 875 mostly BS posts here in a few short months.
1997 S10 p/u.2005 5.3 L33 LS swap. 5spd, ZQ8 susp, 76 mm turbo,565 rwhp.610ft-lbs torque. Tuned by me with Efilive. Polo green metallic.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 pm
i should have known, when on day one, he said you know what we don't have around here.. (surprised look on my face) what's that?.... "Chairs", next day shows up with a lawn chair, spent most of his time in it, texting on his phone.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:07 pm
OK guys we get it. No need to continue this conversation.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 pm
chris wrote:OK guys we get it. No need to continue this conversation.

lmao, I need to check in more often.... I'm missing everything!
MissouriPaintSlinger

Do it right the first time.
Enjoy it for twice as long

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:33 pm
BrianStreet wrote:i should have known, when on day one, he said you know what we don't have around here.. (surprised look on my face) what's that?.... "Chairs", next day shows up with a lawn chair, spent most of his time in it, texting on his phone.

Hello Brian
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but there are good guys looking for shared space. My son and I are 2 of them. We opened a wheel repair shop in December 2010 and shared a shop for a year with an auto repair business. That auto repair business ended, so we had to move. Shared a shop with a recycle place, but they moved to a retail location. Now my son is working out of my garage until we find new space. We are looking for enough room to park a car on jack stands, 2 work benches and a compressor, etc. We do not need to share tools and are completely independent. We were paying $300 at the last shop. We are in the Round Lake, Antioch, Lake Villa area of Illinois.

P.S. We also do some vehicle graphics. Both services would be complementary to any body shop's business. http://www.lakecountywheelrepair.com
Previous

Return to The Pro Shop!