Is this funny,,,or what.

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:19 am
Read this,, http://charleston.craigslist.org/trd/2742644538.html
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:07 pm
really?????????
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:48 pm
I wish he'd be more specific.

Oh, wait, he left out "Other duties as assigned..."

* Banned *
USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:01 pm
Wow that just about covers it for the pro-bodyman that has a drinking or drug problem, lmao! :goodjob:
Life is Short, Live your life and Do what You want to Do!

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:39 am
Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.

bla...bla... blaaaaa..

Prime and paint repaired surfaces, using paint sprayguns and motorized sanders.

let me guess, a one man shop??

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:16 pm
rustybronco wrote:
Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.

bla...bla... blaaaaa..

Prime and paint repaired surfaces, using paint sprayguns and motorized sanders.

let me guess, a one man shop??

Sounds like some newbie, trying to be specific, has been searching threads (briefly) and needed their car fixed. So they took out the add in craigslist...reckon??

:pcorn:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

* Banned *
USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:34 pm
i'm still thinking a hack shop.
Life is Short, Live your life and Do what You want to Do!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 am
Maybe they had general ad before and got alot of people who thought they were autobody techs but in reality had no idea what they were doing.

Could just be a way to filter out the lazy?

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:19 pm
Sounds like civil service job requirements. When I applied for a civil service opening for carpenters, some of the duties were amusing, such as, erecting buildings using hammers and other hand tools, as well as electric and pneumatic power tools. They seemed to frown upon using karate chops to cut lumber, and using your fist to drive nails.
One requirement was the ability to accurately determine measurements using tape measures, rulers, and other graduated devices. I think what they were saying was, using fingers, hand lengths and footsteps are unacceptable methods of determining measurements.
Maybe this guy retired from, or left a public sector job, or maybe he's still working and opening a side business.

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:52 am
edpol wrote:Sounds like civil service job requirements. When I applied for a civil service opening for carpenters, some of the duties were amusing, such as, erecting buildings using hammers and other hand tools, as well as electric and pneumatic power tools. They seemed to frown upon using karate chops to cut lumber, and using your fist to drive nails.
One requirement was the ability to accurately determine measurements using tape measures, rulers, and other graduated devices. I think what they were saying was, using fingers, hand lengths and footsteps are unacceptable methods of determining measurements.
Maybe this guy retired from, or left a public sector job, or maybe he's still working and opening a side business.

Civil service....HA! could be...
Or someone from Human Resources Dept. put the ad in!!

Return to The Pro Shop!